Tuesday, July 18, 2006

A scorcher

Temperature in DC Metro area is expected to top 100 degrees today, something that hasn't happened since 2002; the humidity is such that it should feel just shy of 110 degrees outside. I was considering taking my car in to work, which is pricier (parking is at least $12 for the day) and involves sitting in at least an hour of traffic. When I checked the radio, however, they mentioned that Metrobus in Northern Virginia was free today so as to encourage people to take the bus and reduce the cars on the road. Sure enough, I got on the bus, and the $3 express line was free today. Clearly their idea worked pretty well, as I would have otherwise driven in, adding my car's exhaust, heat, and congestion to what is also shaping to be a day of poor air quality.
Unfortunately, I wish I could say the same for the trains, which ran about 15 minutes late today. Not sure why the heat would affect subway operation.

Sox came back from 4-0 to win it in the 9th inning last night. My boys are clutch.
Atlanta is back to second place in their division; that was fast.

Pee-Wee's Playhouse was on Adult Swim last night. It's hard to believe our parents let us watch this stuff as kids. They really don't make 'em like this anymore.

Top 5 television crushes of all time:

1. C.J. Craig, The West Wing
2. Natalie Hurley, Sports Night
3. Dina Alexander, Salute Your Shorts
4. Winnie Cooper, The Wonder Years
5. Clarissa Darling, Clarissa Explains It All

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home